Thoughts: The Twelfth Doctor


The Twelfth Doctor's new costume has been revealed by the BBC, so I thought this would be the perfect excuse to create a blog post about something. If you don't want spoilers for his costume, catch it under the break!




"Kidneys!"

Woah. Don't know why, but I'm really digging the look they're going for here. Actually, scratch that. I do know why. Capaldi's an older Doctor; at 55, he's the same age that William Hartnell, the First Doctor, was when he started filming the show, albeit he looks a lot younger than Hartnell did. Gone is the geek chic of the Tenth Doctor and the wizened old professor of the Eleventh Doctor. This is pure classic Doctor. The costume, especially the coloration, is an obvious homage to the Third Doctor, John Pertwee. No frills, no laces, no coats this time, though; seems to me that they're going with a more streamlined look with the Doctor this time.

It's elegant, iconic, very well-designed. It's good, really good. The more I see of the Twelfth Doctor, the more excited I become about him! Steven Moffat's been talking a storm up about how he wants the Doctor to go back to his old roots, literally. The Doctor's going back to classic mode, just like the first eight Doctors. It's a return to form in the truest (and best!) possible way, and I'm looking forward to it immensely.

Alright, savior of Gallifrey, let's see you in August. Don't disappoint me!

Comments

Popular Posts